Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Lara Price Band 2003 Faces Of The Blues (LL)





Genre: Blues
Rate: 263 kbps VBR / 44100 from lossless source!
Time: 00:35:05
Size: 66,20 MB

United States

This is a fabulous CD by a still largely unknown and I daresay under appreciated artist. All the cuts are great and the final song, a live recording entitled "Where...When....Why?" is one of the dozen best live cuts I have in my very large blues collection. Crank that baby up and listen to Lara's on-point, plaintive blues sensibility and guitarist Laura Chavez's gut-wrenching guitar wails. This tune was co-written by Lara and Laura and is a masterpiece. Chavez (unfortunately no longer with Lara) is the best female blues or rock guitarist I've ever heard and I've heard. And she ranks with most of the guys too. (Paul Fisher)

Tracklist:

01 - Faces Of The Blues 04:23

02 - Woman Down 02:46

03 - If You Love Me 04:47

04 - Cut You Loose 05:15

05 - I Wanna Man 03:45

06 - Rock Me Baby 03:44

07 - Can't Quit The Blues 03:59

08 - Where, When, Why! 06:26





Gamble for more Lara Price Band

Artists-Shop




2 comments:

TinMan said...

I may be missing something here: Why is is a big deal that something compressed to a 263 VBR comes from a "lossless" source? Doesn't everything posted here ultimately come from a lossless source? Highly compressed files are "lossy" almost by definition. Please educate me if I'm wrong!

The Bluesgambler said...

"From lossless source" on my blog means that these albums are ripped by myself and everybody knows that these files are not re-encoded from bad lossy sources. For myself I do not collect lossless music, but I try to get the lossless source files, rip the files for my own collection always in vbr0 and delete the source files after posting the link on my blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...