Thursday, February 4, 2016

Little Sammy Davis & Midnight Slim 2008 Ten Years And Forty Days

Genre: Blues
Rate: 320 kbps CBR / 44100
Time: 00:56:59
Size: 130,24 MB

United States

I first heard Little Sammy on a new Mannish Boys record and was blown away with his honesty and deep blues feel. This is why I wanted to check out his own record. The album is a joy to listen to. Sammy is the old school blues guy, I can hear the blues is something he was brought up with, he sounds so real.

His voice is so emotional. Rough, yes, but this is a voice of a person who went through a lot in his life. His harp playing is just as down-home as his singing, the old style of playing that you don’t hear much these days. When he sings and plays those low down blues like “Hear My Train Coming” or “Forty Days And Forty Nights” this is just pure blues, non nonsense. When he goes into those semi-a-capella numbers like “Fat Rat” or “She’s Not Another Woman” I feel like I am down in the Delta, in a juke joint holding a cold bear and dancing with a warm woman. And when he starts singing deep soul, like in “Since You Been Gone” I just close my eyes and sway.

Together with a tight band behind his back, very good song selection and classy production Little Sammy’s album is a blues-lover’s treat. (Przemek Draheim)


01 - Fine Looking Woman 04:13

02 - Done Got Over 03:24

03 - Since You Been Gone 03:54

04 - I'm Going 03:49

05 - Hear My Train Coming 05:12

06 - Forty Days And Forty Nights 03:28

07 - Saturday Night Fish Fry 06:31

08 - Early In The Morning 05:12

09 - Fat Rat 03:48

10 - The Claw 09:59

11 - Sentenced To The Sewer 04:58

12 - She's Not Another Woman 02:31

Gamble for more Little Sammy Davis & Midnight Slim


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...