Friday, December 25, 2015

Vic Chesnutt 2009 At The Cut





Genre: Singer/Songwriter
Rate: 320 kbps CBR / 44100
Time: 00:44:02
Size: 100,65 MB

United States

This disc is a tough listen. If you think "Flirted with you all my life" was tough to listen to before today......Chesnutt was quoted as saying that this was his "Screw you, death" song. The song that was his final break up with the suicide attempts of the past. If only that were the case.

Chesnutt was a talented, tormented man. With his death, he becomes a national symbol of the health care crisis. In a recent interview printed in the LA TImes he contemplated the challenges he faced as a wheelchair-using paraplegic with inadequate health insurance and mounting medical bills.

"I'm not too eloquent talking about these things," Chesnutt told The Times earlier this month. "I was making payments, but I can't anymore and I really have no idea what I'm going to do. It seems absurd they can charge this much. When I think about all this, it gets me so furious. I could die tomorrow because of other operations I need that I can't afford."

Unfortunately, Chesnutt's "tomorrow" came on Christmas Day. Death came from intentional overdose of muscle relaxants.

God rest your body and soul Vic Chesnutt. May you find peace at last. (Gengler)

Tracklist:

01 - Coward 05:17

02 - When The Bottom Fell Out 03:11

03 - Chinaberry Tree 04:11

04 - Chain 03:00

05 - We Hovered With Short Wings 05:15

06 - Philip Guston 03:28

07 - Concord Country Jubilee 04:33

08 - Flirted With You All My Life 04:42

09 - It Is What It Is 06:59

10 - Granny 03:26





Gamble for more Vic Chesnutt



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...