Thursday, September 17, 2015

The Mick Clarke Band 1983 Looking For Trouble





Genre: Blues-Rock
Rate: 320 kbps CBR / 44100
Time: 00:50:41
Size: 115,93 MB

United Kingdom

"Looking For Trouble" was my first "solo" album and came about almost by chance. I had been working with Stevie Smith in the band SALT, and had wanted to try some ideas that were all my own. Consequently I went in to a demo studio and put a few ideas down - aided by three good friends - Lou Martin, Rod DeAth and Steve Waller, who all volunteered to help out, unpaid and without hesitation.

The resulting tape was good, and after a while I was persuaded to seek a release for it. After approaching, I think, 22 different record labels, I finally got a good response - an offer from Franco Ratti at Appaloosa Records in Milan to make an album.

I went in to the studio with Lou on piano, and the existing SALT rhythm section - Ron Berg (ex Blodwyn Pig) on drums, and Len Davis on bass. The session was a lot of fun - spiced up by Ron's dry wit and Lou's bubbling enthusiasm. Len did an excellent job despite turning up for the first session heavily hung over - very out of character!

We recorded fast and there were no frills. Lou played a basic Hammond with no Leslie Cab - I plugged in to my Marshall 100. The material was a collection of favourite tunes - a rocked up "Honky Tonkin'" from Hank Williams.."As Long as I have You" with a heavy riff inserted .. a rockin' "Careless Love" and the Jimmy Byfield song "Little Rachel" played in a slightly Little Featish kind of style.. I had no idea at that time that it had already been covered by Eric Clapton!

I had never sung lead before - ever! Apart from the demo tape the vocals you hear on the album were my first attempts at vocalising, and it was terrifying. However, Chris on the controls was very helpful and it worked out OK.

I was happy working with Stevie in SALT and had no wish to change anything, but I also knew that I would have to front some kind of band in order to promote the album. As it turned out Stevie had an offer to work with Bad Manners, and I formed the first Mick Clarke Band. (Mick Clarke)

Tracklist:

01 - You Need Love 03:48

02 - Little Rachel 03:53

03 - Looking For Trouble 03:21

04 - I'm In The Mood 05:45

05 - Honky Tonkin' 02:41

06 - The Full Moon Boogie 03:07

07 - Careless Love 04:14

08 - Sidekick 03:12

09 - As Long As I Have You 03:38

10 - It Hurts Me Too 05:23

11 - Gone Too Long 03:53

12 - Devil On The Road 03:45

13 - File Me 04:01





Gamble for more The Mick Clarke Band

iTunes

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...